We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
Snap-to-Grid for Subnautica: Below Zero!
|Last updated||a year ago|
|Dependants||0 other mods depend on this mod|
This mod requires the following mods to function
QModManager is an intermidiate loader for mods made for the QMM system.Preferred version: 4.4.3
SMLHelper is a modding library that helps making mods easier by helping with adding new items, changing items, adding models, sprites, etc.Preferred version: 2.13.4
SnapBuilder: Below Zero Edition
Finally, we can buld perfectly aligned and rotated items!
By default, snapping is enabled with this mod installed. The level of snapping can be fine-tuned in the Mod options menu, as can all keybinds.
Check out SnapBuilder in action!
Big thanks to Sketchy of Nitrox support for the shout out!
Recommended installation (automated)
- Install Thunderstore Mod Manager.
- Click the Install with Mod Manager button at the top of the page.
- Run the game via the Thunderstore Mod Manager.
- Make sure you first install all of the dependencies listed above under This mod requires the following mods to function, and install their dependencies, and so on...
- Click the Manual Download button at the top of the page.
- Extract only the QMods folder from the archive into
- Check that you have installed it correctly. You should have the SnapBuilder folder at the following location:
|Toggle snap-to-grid/freehand placement||
|Toggle fine grid snapping||
|Toggle fine rotation snapping||
Your first port of call when in need of help with a Subnautica mod should be the Subnautica Modding discord server.
Hop into one of their
#❓help-and-support❓ channels where there are tons of really helpful, knowledgeable people who can guide you through troubleshooting configuration or installation issues.
If however you've stumbled on a bug, feel free to file an issue on GitHub, but please make sure to browse through the other issues to make sure your bug isn't already listed! Please include as much information as possible, including screenshots if applicable, steps to reproduce the issue, and a detailed description of the bug and what you expected to happen.
Version 1.4.1This is a bugfix release.
- Fixes a
NullReferenceExceptionthat triggers when building the base hatch.
- Fixes the rotation alignment when SnapBuilder is used in the Cyclops.
- Increased compatibility with Habitat Platform mod.
Version 1.4This is a feature release.
- New feature: Automatically snap floor-placed items flush with the wall/each other when aiming at the wall or the side of an item.
- New feature: Inaccurate collider meshes are automatically swapped out for better ones so that items can properly snap to the terrain floor. This feature is mostly only useful in the Below Zero version of the mod.
- Added option to disable displaying hints.
- Misc. improvements to SnapBuilder logic.
Version 220.127.116.11This is a bugfix release.
- Bugfix: Using SnapBuilder outdoors or in the cyclops should work as expected.
Version 1.3.7This is a maintenance release.
- General improvements to snapping inside a base
Version 1.3.6This is a maintenance release.
- Updated for VersionChecker 1.2
- Added a
Toggle Rotationkeybind for placeable items so that you don't get locked to an item in the hotbar if it can be rotated.
- Hotfix for an issue where custom keybinds were causing crashes on game launch
- Maintenance update for SMLHelper 2.9
- Hotfix for
- Fixes for how objects which can be placed from the hotbar are handled
- Compatibility enhancements for the Builder Upgrade Module mod
- Fixes a bug introduced in v1.2.4 where rebound keys were not initialised correctly when relaunching the game.
- Fixed a bug introduced in v1.2.3 where SnapBuilder keybinds no longer worked.
- Added compatibility for Custom Posters or any object which can be placed from the hotbar rather than built via the Habitat Builder!
- Added VersionChecker support
- Updated for QMM4 and SMLHelper 2.8
- Added SnapBuilder button prompt hints when using the Habitat Builder
- Added SMLHelper language override support
- Bugfix: Missing default options from previous versions will now be correctly set.
- Added ability to customise whether individual keybinds should be held or pressed.
- Bugfix: Toggle snapping key can be changed as intended.
- Updated to Harmony version 18.104.22.168
- Reworked rotation to be more consistent across different button types (hold, scroll etc.)
- Bugfix: Items on multipurpose roofs should now align correctly.
- Bugfix: Snowfox Hoverpad should now work as expected.
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|